Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I have a 2011 Nissan sentra the key won't turn and my steering

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Nissan sentra the key won't turn and my steering wheel is losing what should I do
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Start with making sure the key is not damaged and if you have a second key try using it, you can also try using some graphite, and see if that helps. I am not clear on what you mean when you say the steering wheel is losing . Can you explain please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My steering wheel is not locking
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Have to tried your spare key and the using some graphite in the lock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The security light flashing
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a spare key and yes I used graphite this the first time this ever happened to me
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
In most cases this usually means the ignition lock has failed if you sure the key you have is not work out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do I have to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And thanks for the reply I really appreciate it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately you are going to have to have it towed to the repair facility and have them check it to be sure the lock has failed and if so, it will need to be replaced. I wish I had an easier solution but I'm afraid there is not one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for everything
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well, Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.