Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Altima (GLE)?: marty, I have a 2001 Nissan Altima. When

Customer Question

Hello marty, I have a 2001 Nissan Altima. When the A/C is on the passenger headlight is on. Headlight switch is not set to on. Know any place to start with that problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
have you checked to make sure the headlights have not been rewired? The a/c circuit is completely isolated from the headlight circuit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not checked to see if the headlights have been rewired. The wires do not look newer then the other wires present.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
hey there, the reason I say that is because the power for the headlights on this model are fed through the switch. They are not ground switched like some models that have constant power, instead they have constant ground and are fed battery voltage with headlamp switch operation. That means your headlight on the passengers side is somehow getting power while the headlight switch is off, when the a/c comes on. The only thing that would generally cause that specific symptom is if the headlight hi or low power wire is shorted to power of another wire from the a/c relay or compressor power.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
If you need further help please let me know. If not just be sure to leave a kind rating please.