Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Maxima: . I have a 96 nissan maxima automatic trans. When

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 96 nissan maxima automatic trans. When I turn the key, there is no power at all. No dash lights, interior lights, headlights, nothing. Car makes no noise at all. Few days later, for some reason, it will start and have power to everything. What is the problem? Thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for the question. If you have NO power at all including the HEADLIGHTS. Then you have either a battery issue or a blown fusible link because the headlights are not an ignition ON source and should work regardless of whether or not the ignition is turned. So for starters you want to inspect the battery terminals and make sure they are clean and tight. You should not be able to move them by hand. If they are good and snug then you want to check and make sure the fusible links are not blown. If both check out then replace the battery with a new one or get a donor vehicle to jump the vehicle off until you can get another battery.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
If you need further help please let me know. If not just be sure to leave a kind rating please.