Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Altima: i am having a problem with a 2006 altima 2.5 litre

Customer Question

i am having a problem with a 2006 altima 2.5 litre went to start up fired then stalled out seems like no compression , could it be the timing chain
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! When it was last running, did it have a Service Engine Soon light ON? Does the engine turn over fast? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no codes no start condition now , like i said i went to start it this morning fired , stalled & seems like now it has no compression like a timing belt failure

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Timing belts when they break, the engine turns over abnormally fast. Is that what yours is doing? Did you happen to pull the spark plugs to see if they are wet?