Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Altima: Every time I drive to Payson ( 5000 ft. Alt. ) from

Customer Question

Every time I drive to Payson ( 5000 ft. Alt. ) from Phoenix , AZ ( 1200 Alt.) my Nissan Altima 2012 conks into a slow speed. Can't get over 45 mph. going up last hill which is 7 miles long !! Once I turn motor off and let it rest. It seems fine. I drive later in day to a town 20 miles from here farther up and works fine. What is going on.
It is not the cruise control. I had that off. AC was off also. I believe it is the microchip and the or on the oxygen sensor? Thanks Tom
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi are you driving in a hilly area //??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah, its a mountainous area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the 3 rd time of this occurance.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
ok your problem is that the trans is over heating causing the computer to put the system in protection mode this will cause a power cut the fix is to install an external trans cooler this will fix the problem you can BUT ONE ONLINE please let me know if you have nay more questions and please rate the service before you go thanks.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi can you please log back in and rate the service as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.