Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Nissan Pathfinder: Gmail Google+ Web Photos more Primary [E71B297A8161]

Customer Question

Gmail
Google+
Web
Photos
more
Primary
[E71B297A8161] www.autorepairhelp.us - Your message
S ***@******.***
to me
2 minutes agoDetails
Hi Asif ,
Thank you for getting in touch with us.
We have received your message and will be responding to your enquiry as soon as possible.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2015-06-21
Name: Asif Email:***@******.***
Group: Auto Repair Support
Hi I have a pretty new pathfinder. A couple of weeks ago I unlocked the doors and when I got in the engine just shut off and I couldn't restart it as it uses an intelligent key system which wasn't working. Then none of the buttons would work on the intelligent key....Then after a few minutes the lights came back on inside the car and the key worked again and the start button worked again. Today I opened the doors again got in the car and the power cut out again. And the intelligent key is not unlocking or locking the doors again. What is the issue here?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This issue is usually caused by a poor connection out at the battery. It is likely the positive battery cable is corroded and needs to be cleaned and tightened. It could be the negative as well, but its much more common to have this issue on the positive cable.Please let me know what more I can do to assistWhat happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I am a bit surprised at this as I bought the car brand new and as yet only has 400km on the clock. Is this usual for a new car?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
It is, but it's usually the type of problem that comes with the symptoms you are describing. The battery is basically losing it's connection and usually corrosion is what causes that. I know you said it was pretty new, but that doesn't really mean a lot without knowing the year. Sometimes things do get missed in pre delivery inspections.