Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Maxima: i have a 2006 nissan, it was running with three bottles

Customer Question

i have a 2006 nissan, it was running with three bottles of excessive oil, what can be damaged by this,because the car turned off and will not start. i already changed the two cam sensors and crank sensors and i dont have fire in the spark plugs
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!What do you mean 3 bottles. Do you mean 3 quarts ? Did you drain it and reset the level? Also, did you have Cam Sensor codes? is that why you changed them? Where did you get the sensors? Auto Parts Store? or Dealer?Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i mean 3 quarts. I already drained it and reset the level. I dont have the cam sensor codes. I changed the cam sensor and crank sensors because there were no sparks in the plugs. I got the sensors from O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
As long as you drain it out and set the oil level, you should be fine.
As for the no start issue, I will say that after market sensors never work right. So that can certainly play a factor in the no start part. How did you determine you had no spark? Do you know if you have any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed a coil and i connected a spark plug and i started the motor. There were no sparks. I dont have any codes.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you have the spark plug grounded? If you didn't, you may not see spark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i had it grounded and i didnt see any spark. Im not sure if i have codes because the battery had no charge.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you still have the original sensors? Does the sensors you removed have this logo?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Cam%20Sensor%20OEM.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah i still have the originals and the sensors do have that logo.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that logo means they are OEM. You want to keep them in the car. After Market Sensors do not have the logo. When you have after market sensors, they can continue to cause issues and not set any codes. I would like it if you can install the factory sensors. Then try to start it again. If it doesn't start, then unplug 1 cam sensor and see if it starts and runs. If it doesn't, then plug that sensor back in and unplug the other and see if it runs. Can you do this for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help, I will try this tomorrow and get back to you with the results because the car is currently at a friends house.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Just letting you know, during the week, I am normally online around 7 pm EST and then online till 10 or 11 pm so you know when to find me.
Thanks Jay!