Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Jay, my son is driving our 2008 rogue and the check engine

Customer Question

hi jay, my son is driving our 2008 rogue and the check engine and brake lights have both come on.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
The Service Engine Soon light can come on or many reasons. When that light comes on it means it has detected a fault and generated a code. Guessing the code is like guessing the lotto numbers. If I could do that, I would certainly would rather do that for a living..lol..
In any case, first thing you need to do is have the car scanned to see what code you have. The code would give you a sense of direction for repair. If you have a Auto Zone near you, they offer free scans as long as your not in California. Once you get the code, please return back to this question and I will continue to help you.
Ok?