Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Frontier se: 2000 frontier se crew cab v6, p0443 code pls

Customer Question

2000 frontier se crew cab v6, p0443 code pls help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!This code P0443 is for the Evap Purge Control Solenoid. Most times when I see this code what has happens is the Evap Canister has failed and the charcoal pellets has clogged up the solenoid. The way you find out is to remove the lines from the solenoid and shake them and see if any black pellets come out. If they do, then the canister will need to be replaced, the Evap line will need to be blown out and cleaned. The purge valve needs to be cleaned out if possible. If not possible then removed. If you have no charcoal pellets in the lines, then simply replacing the solenoid should resolve your issue. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.jpg If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!