Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Pathfinder: Jay. I have an 02 pathfinder that is giving

Customer Question

Hi Jay. I have an 02 pathfinder that is giving a P1140 code. I've replaced the left bank CPS based on that and had the code reset. Now it's ba and by all that I can find the most likely cause is the bank 1 intake valve timing solenoid. Is that fairly common in a vehicle with 122,000 miles. Is it worth cleaning or just replace it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! That code is a Intake Timing Sensor. These sensors are located in the front of the engine towards the front of the engine. P1140 is Bank 1 which is the Passenger side of the engine. It is best to use sensors from the dealer. If you get the sensors after market, you may still get the code, or a different code which may have you replacing parts you don't need to. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the same as the intake cam position sensor? I've already replaced that part.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace it with one from the dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I got it from autozone
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You can't use After Market Sensors. They never work right. Here is a Question I like to use as a Example.http://www.justanswer.com/nissan-infiniti/8cgff-hello-i-m-getting-code-p1110-2001-infiniti-qx4.html If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the intake valve timing solenoid?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Not likely a solenoid issue with that code. It's normally a intake timing sensor. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be the left bank. Drivers side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the same as the cam position sensor?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
No, this code is for Bank 1 which is the Passenger side. No it's not a Cam Sensor. It's a Intake timing Sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that fairly easy to replace?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they are right up towards the front of the engine on top. Secured by one 10 mm bolt. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/intake%20timing%20sensor%20RED.jpg