Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Altima hybrid: 07 altima fails to start

Customer Question

07 altima fails to start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Can you tell me if the head lights turn on? Also does the ignition turn on?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes lights, no ignition, (no green "ready" light)
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. Can you maybe place something behind the car to reflect to see if the brake lights are coming on? Like a garbage pail or something? I would like you to step on the brake pedal and see if the brake lights are working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brake lights are not on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That is most likely your issue. The Brake switches are fairly common on the 07 Model Altima's. When this goes, your brake lights will not work, so it doesn't see your stepping on the brake pedal to start the car.
Sometimes if you rapidly tap the brake pedal you can get the lights to come on. If the lights come on, then you can start the car. But keep in mind you have no brake lights. The brake switch is about 30 bucks and 1/2 hour or less labor to install.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!