Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Qx4: I have qx4 that the atp light is on and the transmission

Customer Question

I have qx4 that the atp light is on and the transmission will not go in*****but works in*****
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
For starters, are you saying that you can shift back and forth from 2wd to 4wd without issues? or that its stuck in 2wd?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can shift into 4 wheel and the vehicle will drive. when you shift into*****it will go into reverse only not drive. the atp light goes off in***** It is not stuck in 2wd.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Do you get any noise when attempting to go forward in 2wd?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it first happened it did make a clicking noise in 2wd but since we put it in 4wd and drove it and put it back into 2wd there was no noise but still no luck driving in 2wd.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
The reason I ask is generally when you can drive in 4wd but not 2wd and get noise in the T-case it's because the gears are not working properly to get the vehicle fully back into 2wd. If the T-case is properly getting it back in 2wd and it's just not working then the problem is likely in regards ***** ***** tail output shaft or the high clutch drum.!