Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: Aaron I have 2000 Nissan maxima car was running

Customer Question

Hi Aaron I have 2000 Nissan maxima car was running good put sum gas in it and now it wont idle and service engine light is on
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
Thank you for telling me the key part of your question. That you got gas first and now it doesn't run. It just so happens that I have 2 cars in my shop with this issue and fuel samples were taken and sent out only to find both of them have a gas mixture of 80% water and 20% fuel. So they both have bad gas. Which is what it sounds like you have. Draining the fuel tank. And putting fresh gas is the first thing you need to do. But I would also contact that gas station cause you want to send them the bill.
If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.
If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay