Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. Some sort of ratting in rear when I

Customer Question

2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. Some sort of ratting in rear when I apply the brakes. Mechanic said brakes are fine problem sounds more like in drive train. Car does not make noise accelerating only when brakes applied then goes away.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Noises are really best to have checked in person cause it could be so many things.
One thing I have see is rocks can get caught behind the Brakes Backing Plate. See image.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Rock%20behind%20backing%20plate.jpg
This is something you start to see after they fix pot holes from the winter. If your not from a cold climate area, you can still get this. But this is just one of the most common things that would cause a rattle.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!