Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Pathfinder: 2000 pathfinder 2wd 3.3 v6 no spark has new dis,plugs

Customer Question

2000 pathfinder 2wd 3.3 v6 no spark has new dis,plugs crank sensor,12volt power at dis but no spark has correct fuel pressure
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
If you remove the distributor cap and turn the engine over, does the rotor turn?
Also do you have any codes or what codes did you have before any repairs were done?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rotor turns motor started miss at idle then would try to diewhen reved at first timing belt changed less then 10000 miles agowe found coil tower burned through so dis was replaced when dis was first put in we had spark but fuel was offf then we went through fuel system found dirty filter got fuel back but then had no spark motor died originally in driveway after running good for 10 miles since have put repairs in
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
So you have no codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
double checked to make sure rotor was in #1 at tdc it was showing no codes have not been able to start since it quit
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Where did you buy the Distributor you installed? Is it after market?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has new plugs crank sensor,dis ,rotor dis bought at mazza auto parts yes it is aftermarket but have always had best of luck with their parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dis is world power systems dst58600
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my code reader took a powder after help from my grandson have not been able to read since day after it quit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on e of our friends said they heard of the key battery might be dead or low causing the on off problems
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well I can certainly say, allot and I mean allot of After Market electrical parts never work right. So I never recommend using them.
Before we can go any further we need to scan this car to see what codes you may have. It's very odd to have no spark with no codes. The no spark means the computer is not seeing the engine turning over.
Does this truck have any type of after market alarm also? Try locking and unlocking the truck using the key in the door
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Key Battery is for push button start cars. Not cars that use keys. Plus I don't think your truck even has a chip key.
Let me know.. about the codes and locking and unlocking the truck.
I am stepping out and heading home. I will be back on line in about 1/2 hour or so..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will try to get code reader
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try putting old dis back in . did not have spark originally but as crazy this one been who knows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have to do running probably wont be able to get back for rest of tonight can I contact you tomarrow
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can contact me tomorrow. I am normally online in the evenings around 6 or 7 pm EST and online till 10 or 11 pm.
I will talk to you then.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got code scanner shows po 340 camshaft sensor A circut need starting pouint to trace circut
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you... The P0340 is a Cam Sensor code which is part of the Distributor. So you have a distributor problem. If you put a after market distributor in, after market electrical parts never work right. When it comes to electrical parts you always want to stick with the dealer. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!