Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Quest: Red Breaklight is on, on my dash after having Wheel

Customer Question

Red Breaklight is on, on my dash after having Wheel Bearing changed. ABS &/or traction control light makes sence. Break Light doesn't. IS there something need to reset or calibrate? I have already bled that side. Work was done by a shop, inexpensive wheel bearing was used that matched timkin number. This is a 2006 Quest.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
If you just had a wheel bearing changed, it sounds like the ABS sensor was not removed before the wheel bearing, which results in breaking the ABS sensor. A broken ABS sensor would result in all of the warning lights you are explaining.
Any time you remove wheel bearings, the ABS sensor needs to be removed first, other wise you will break it when removing the wheel bearing.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!