Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Nissan/Datsun altima: You told me we could use the 2007 engine

Customer Question

You told me we could use the 2007 engine in the 2002 Nissan. We have the engine installed into the 2002, but we cannot get the throttle body wiring to hook up. What do we do to get this to work?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The engine should work just fine but you will need to use the intake manifold and throttle body from the 2002 engine for all the connections to plug in. Many times when replacing an engine with a used engine even when its the same year and model I don't trust things like the injectors or throttle body's from the used engine. I generally swap all those parts before installing the used engine. I will be difficult to replace the intake once the engine is installed but not impossible, you might try just swapping the throttle body if it will bolt up the the manifold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the manifold off the 2002 don't want to bolt on the 2007

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
There is that much difference? I didn't think there would be is it possible to swap just he throttle body over?