Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Xtrail: . I removed the inside panel but how do I release

Customer Question

Hi. I removed the inside panel but how do I release it from there ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
There is no easy way to get the door to release when the latch assembly has failed like yours has because all the latching mechanism is covered up by a plastic cover on the latch assembly, hopefully you have a new latch assembly to replace it once you get the door open because you will most likely need to destroy the latch assembly in order to get the door open, and you do this by any means possible with screw drivers or chisels, pry bars some times drilling or grinding out the back of the mechanism. It's lucky when you can actually trigger the right thing and get it to unlatch but most of the time its a huge battle that is very time consuming before the latch releases