Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I am checking codeP1612 2004 Nissan altima, prior to this there

Customer Question

I am checking codeP1612 2004 Nissan altima, prior to this there was a check engine light. I retrieved the code it was cranksahft sensor whic i just replaced and cleared the codes.
so as i drive the car and monitoring the status if ready for inspection this code came up but there is not check engine light yet. the drive cycle has not completed.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for your question.
This code is an IMMU-ECU code for the NATS system. I would start by clearing it and just hope it doesn't come back. If the car has a remote start it can also trigger this code.
If the code eventually comes back and the car won't start. The security light will stay on solid. This is telling us the immobilizer cannot verify the key id with the ECU. Which means there is a malfunction in he immobilizer.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Also please be sure to leave a positive rating so we get credit for helping you.
I notice you have used this service before by failed to rate your expert. So keep in mind the importance of this.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok Thank you your reply I will check it out from here.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome