Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Pathfinder: I have an 05 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L V6 4x4 with

Customer Question

Hi I have an 05 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L V6 4x4 with just over 150,000 Km. She is throwing me a 1754 code for the transmission. When I get the code she is like she is starting off in a higher gear. As soon as I clear the code she drives perfectly as if there were no problems. The transmission don't seem to be cross contaminated with the rad coolant. so I don't think that is an issue. I am just wondering if I should replace the entire valve body or can I get away with replacing the solenoid that I am getting the code for. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P1754 can be caused by any of the following,
Automatic Transmission
Contaminated Transmission Fluid
Failed Transmission Valve Body
In order to determine which is failing check the data in the link below, if the solenoid is at fault replacing the valve body is recommended. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P1754%20Jun%2013.pdf