Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Sentra: I have a Nissan sentra that has heat coming from the

Customer Question

I have a Nissan sentra that has heat coming from the outside air and with ac and heat coming without ac or heat with the settings. What makes this happen?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
HI there,I am a little confused about what is happening.With the outside air, you are feeling heat come into the cabin?Where I am getting confused is and with ac and heat coming without ac or heat with the settingscan you try to explain the part in bold a little better for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ac is on, you can hear the trip of the relay and the ac is on but once again the heat is on. With any settings on the cold or hot the hot is on!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** better now.If you are certain that the a/c compressor is coming on, then the usual problem is where the blend door cable comes into the control head. The control head being the part with the dials. The most common problem is the gearing in the control head breaks and the cable doesn't move the blend door. This is something that you can check yourself if you are able to get under the dash. The driver side, looking towards the center of the car is where the cable is connected to a blend door. If you can get under there and see the cable, you can make sure it's still locked in place so the cable is moving the door. You can see where the cable is looped on the door lever as well. This can be removed and you can manually move the door lever to make sure nothing has it blocked so it won't move. Then, if all looks normal down there, the control head will have to be replaced to resolve the issue.Please let me know what more I can do to help.Thanks.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong, nothing is broken under the dash! Their are no wires or anything under the dash I only hope I can put it back together!y means
I believe my car has been hurt by means of bad!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
What are you talking about?You should be looking at a cable and not wiring, let alone you didn't have to take anything on the dash apart?If you can show me one line in what I typed that instructed you in tearing the dash apart, please show me. I said to look under the dash for the cable that comes to the blend door. It's such a common issue that Nissan actually put out a service bulletin.Also, if you found the problem, please enlighten me if all the cables are good, the air conditioning is in fact actually coming on. I would love to know what you found the problem to be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no cables of any size leading out from the dash board only wires. I have the Haynes book, but I don't care to remove everything to fix this problem. It is stupid problem or we will not fix it!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
lol, whether you want to fix the problem or not is up to you. You came to us to ask what the problem was, I am telling you what the problem is. I am uploading a link for you from the service manual so you can check the CABLE. I do not care if your Haynes doesn't show it or not. I am a factory Nissan tech with years of experience working on your car. Isn't that why you came here in the first place? Seriously, if the cable slipped out of the lock, this is a 3 minute fix.HERE is the linkBest of luck!