Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Murano: . I need to replace the Need to expansion valve 2004

Customer Question

hi. I need to replace the Need to expansion valve 2004 Nissan murano. where is it in car dash?? how to replace it? easy way please
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The expansion valve should be on the firewall on the passenger side. See the replacement steps in the link below for replacement. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the file.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Expansion%20Valve%20Jun%2012.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I cant access drop box (at my computer)..any other way to access these instructions?? please
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
You are going to not be behind a firewall, You should be able to open the file from any PC that is not. Unfortunately there is no other way to send them to you. The file is a standard PDF file and is safe to down load.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Mechanic wants to pull off the whole dash (costly). any easy way to pull if out to replace..??
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately your mechanic is correct, the valve is mounted to the evaporator case inside of the AC/heater plenum and there is no easy way to access and remove it with out doing so. The evaporator core has to come out and there is no way to do this with removing the instrument panel. The labor to replace it calls for 6 hours. Unfortunately this is not and easy repair and there is no easy way to replace it.