Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: was in drive up window ordering food when car

Customer Question

hello
was in drive up window ordering food when car stop.
found out battery cable was loose. reconnected. now start will not start. just clicking noise.
not sure if alternator, starter, or anti-theft
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
Was it a rapid clicking noise when you tried to start it? A single clicking noise? Or was it a constant clicking even when the ignition was off?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's a very rapid clicking noise when you turn the ignition on

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
A very Rapid clicking is a sign of a weak battery or a poor connection on the battery.
I would try a jump start again with a different set of cables, and also loosen the battery terminals and twist them side to side and then tighten them down in a slightly different location and see if it start.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello, had battery fully charged, replaced alternator, and battery cable endpoint connection. started and stayed on 30 minutes. will not start without a boost.

battery is still being drained...new replacement alternator not charging either.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Where did you get the Alternator? and who installed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Local mechanic installed it. We took it (alternator) off and had it tested, it passed at two auto part business. Now, not sure what to do next.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I am sure I can point you in the right direction.
I will be online around 6 or 7 pm est and online till 10 or 11 pm. Can we continue then?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Are you available?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you want to continue with your issue? I am sure I can assist you on your issue.
Let me know..