Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Rogue: What should be looked at on a 2013 Nissan rogue damaged

Customer Question

What should be looked at on a 2013 Nissan rogue damaged in rear end crash (bumper damaged, muffler ripped off supports, quarter panel on driver side pushed up against tire) ...any risk of transmission damage?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you for your question On a rear end collision I don't think there should be any transmission issues. I would look carefully at the rear suspension and drive axles for damage. if the sub frame is damaged it could cause the alignment to be off and the car wouldn't drive straight and would wear the tires quickly. With the muffler being damaged you should look at all the exhaust and mounts because they can be bent easily and cause rumbles and noises. hopefully the damage isn't bad enough to total the car it seems these days what looks like not that bad of damage is very expensive to fix