Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Sentra: I just got a 04 sentra it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd

Customer Question

I just got a 04 sentra it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd several people including Lee Miles told me it's in the trans. I went to a reputable yard that deals with motors and trans bought a trans and swapped it out but the problem still exists. What are the chances of 2 trans with same problem the new one is garunted I'm stumped could it be as simple as solenoid pressure hose as you describe once your. Moving it's fine only from 1st to 2nd very hard and fast shift what do you think almost sounds like light.
Bang
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Do you know if you have any codes?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have o codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you can call me at(###) ###-####it would be greatly appreciated send send what what
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
There is a Drop Resistor over by the air filter air box that I have see cause hard shifting which would act like a transmission. I would check this and see if that is giving you this problem.
See link for image of what it looks like and how to test it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Drop%20resistor%20check.jpg
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I can offer you additional service which allows me to call you, please don't post your personal information in this chat.
Let me know if you want me to offer you this service.
Thanks Jay!