peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Nissan Xterra: My headlights are on my 2011 Nissan xterra.

Customer Question

My headlights are on my 2011 Nissan xterra. My gps fell and could have hit the switch. The lights will not turn off and the switch is in the off position. Do u think the gps could have broke a contact in the switch.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If your head lights are staying on and not turning off and the GPS did hit the switch it is possible the internal contacts in the switch are at fault with one or more being shorted internally.There is some electrical testing that needs done to pinpoint the switch or a possible relay at fault.This will require a multi meter to do this testing.If you have this tool to do the testing and some basic hand tools I can try and walk you through the testing just let me know.If not this will need tested by someone that does have the required testing tools.
Thanks Pete