Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Altima: , my steering lock box isn't working on my 09

Customer Question

Hello, my steering lock box isn't working on my 09 Nissan Altima. Any suggestions to help me start it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk
That is a trick to get the car to start. You are boarder line of this being under warranty. There is a 6 year unlimited mileage warranty on this issue. If you give me your vin number I can check to see if the warranty is still available for the steering lock control unit for you.
Other wise, if not, the part is around 350 and 2 hours to install.
Let me know.
Thanks Jay!