Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Nissan frontier SV 2011 rough idle at stoplights, and reverse.

Customer Question

nissan frontier SV 2011 rough idle at stoplights, and reverse. Told it was computer reporgramming issue that the year/make/model is know for . Is this correct?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would repairs cost at the dealership? Can general repair shops fix it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
It's fairly common on this year model frontier and pathfinder as well as the 2012 models.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Usually comes on from a low idle. Best thing to do is have the dealer perform the idle relearn procedure and if the problem continues and the mounts look good. Have them bump the idle up permanently 50-75 rpms and it usually smoothes it out nicely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you tell me what "relearn" is and approx how much dealers charge? And so if it does not help, then bump up the idle to 50-75 rpms, correct? How long will it take to find out if the relearn worked?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
You could tell within an hour or so or driving if it worked or not.
The relearn and idle adjustment cost about $120.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
please remember to leave a kind rating.
If you need further assistance just ask.