Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Xterra: Mike. Wow, this is cool youre trying to assist me.

Customer Question

Hi Mike. Wow, this is cool youre trying to assist me. Ive been fighting with an issue and getting no where. I have a 2005 Xterra. I have a tralier and my running lights do not work, all other lights work fine. I tested the 7 pin socket (which is OEM) on the rear of my Xterra and Im getting no voltage from the running lights pin which is the top left. My hazard lights on my vehicle do not work either, I feel this is where the problem is.... Do you have any suggestions for me? I checked the fuses under my hood behind battery, they are all good! I checked the two fuses above my gas pedal, they are also good. HELP!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Do you have a Test light? I would like to check some fuses under the hood.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested the fuses with my ohm meter. 2 under hood, 2 above gas pedal and 1 on passenger side fuse box
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did you look at the fuses also in the IPDM? That has fuses in it. There is one fuse I would like to check in it. Fuse 37..
Is your IPDM white or black?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the IPDM?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/IPDM%20location%20Armada.jpg
That is where it is located. This image is a Armada, but it looks the same and is in the same location. Passenger side under the hood back by the fire wall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that was the first place I checked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those were the 2 fuses under my hood
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Is your IPDM white, or black.. It's white in that image.
Also let me know if you have a Test Light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black and I have a multi meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im pointing at the two fuses I checked this morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And here is a pic of the module I pulled out to check fuses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said, I even checked two above the gas pedal and one inside in front of passenger seat
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, that is the IPDM... Can we continue working on this later this evening, I am working right now. I will be online around 6 or 7 pm EST.
Let me know..