Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Nissan/Datsun 300ZX 2+2: 2 right hand cylinders filling with

Customer Question

2 right hand cylinders filling with fuel. changed out the two injectors with the same result. all injectors are unplugged at this point. I empty the cylinders but they fill up again.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a used replacement motor. changed out the timing belt before installing it into the car. found this problem while turning it over. all plugs are out at this point as well as the injectors unplugged. also changed out the ECU with the one it came with. Large amout of fuel get coughed out cranking it, or bump starting.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The only way for fuel to get into the cylinders like that is if the o-rings on the injectors are cut or not there, I doubt that two new injectors are stuck open and leaking that much gas into the cylinders, you should pull the injectors out again and inspect both o-rings especially the smaller one because it will really leak fuel if its cut or missing