Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

350Z: I have a 2007 Nissan 350Z. It sits most of the time

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Nissan 350Z. It sits most of the time and the battery runs down because the alarm system runs it down. This last time I tried starting it I was very low on gas. Ea. time I tried starting it it would rev up like I had my foot on the gas pedal then back fire very loud. I was told that the throttle is stuck and is not fed by a cable, but electronic. What can I do.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello
1st thing to do is remove the intake pipe work up to the throttle and use some brake cleaner and a lint free rag to wipe it out and remove and carbon and baked on dirt
with the ignition off the throttle plate / butterfly should move freely under fingertip pressure
if once clean it still feels sticky then the throttle body will have to be replaced
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?