Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Nissan Altima: removing right front mount on a 2002 Nissan

Customer Question

removing right front mount on a 2002 Nissan Altima timing cover - we have a broken motor mount bolt
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you remove the crankshaft pulley (19mm bolt) on 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5L ?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
Usually to get the front crank pulley bolt off we use an impact wrench but if you don't have access to air and and an impact you'll need to find a way to hold the crank while you remove the bolt its hard to do but if you take the access cover for the torque converter bolts (assuming its an automatic) you can put a socket wrench on one of the torque converter bolts then when your turning the crank shaft bolt the socket will bind on the opening of the access and stop the engine from turning while you loosen the crank bolt.
There is no other way to get the mount off unless you remove the engine and trans from the car