Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

PATHFINDER: I HAVE A 2003 NISSAN PATHFINDER WITH THE SERVICE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2003 NISSAN PATHFINDER WITH THE SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT ON. FINDING IT HAS A CODE OF PO462- COMES UP TO BE FUEL LEVEL SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW INPUT. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM OR WHERE IT MAY BE? THANK YOU, ***** *****SEN
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this is caused by abad instrumen t cluster and is very common, we do alot if them, to verify this, remove the instrument cluster, but leave it plugged in, then probe the green wire coming out of the instrument cluster, it should have voltage with the key on, if it does not, then the cluster is bad and will need to be replaced, As I said, this is very common when the P0462 is set and the gauge reads full,Tim
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I would like to add a little input on this also.
These sending units use resistance depending on the fuel level to determine a voltage output. Your getting the code because the sender is not producing a voltage to the ECM.
One thing we see happen from time to time is the wire in the harness that runs up by the drivers side rear wheel breaks. So you get no voltage and the high reading at the cluster.
Another something to keep in mind.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Mike, I just wanted to follow up and see how you made out on this?
If you need further assistance just let us know and we would be happy to help.
If not just remember to leave a kind rating. thanks.