Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Titan: 2004 nissan titan. I replaced the vent control valve

Customer Question

2004 nissan titan. I replaced the vent control valve and verified the hose going to the frame is clean. Still get code 1446. What should I do next? Gas cap is also good too.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Did you get the Vent Control Valve from the dealer? Also, do you have a volt meter to check to see if it's getting power? Do you know if the Canister is also saturated?
If I provide the diagnostic steps for this code, do you think you can follow them?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can follow the steps. I dont think the canister is saturated but I don't know how check that. When I took the vent valve out and replaced I got the new bigger solenoid. Also when I took it out it pops a different error saying that it is open so it recognized that it was gone. The voltage should be 5 volts or so right? When will there be voltage?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20EC.pdf
That is the complete diagnostic chapter for this code.
No, with the key ON you should have 12 Volts at the White / Blue wire at the Vent Control valve. If you have battery voltage, then you may need to ohm the wire from the Vent Control valve to the Ecm pin 117 to see if the wire is open. If open, it can cause this code. If it's not open and the wire is good, it could be a bad Ecm causing this.
If you follow the diagnostic steps, it should help you isolate the problem as well.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!