Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Maxima: I have checked the air pressure in all four tires,it

Customer Question

I have checked the air pressure in all four tires,it is exactly the same. How do I get the tie indicator to go off
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
If your tire pressure monitor sensor light is flashing when you first start the car the problem is going to be one of the sensors in the wheels, a flashing light means there is a problem with the system that needs to be diagnosed and it is usually one or more of the sensors is bad if the light comes on solid when the engine is first started then its just a pressure issue and after adjusting the pressures to the right psi then the light will go off on its own after driving for a short while. also if the pressure is the same but too low all around the light will come on I usually set all the pressures to 35 psi then the pressures won't drop too low when the temperature is low outside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I replace the sensors can I. Do it
it my self,.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
You need a tire machine to break down the tire. the sensor is actually part of the valve stem you put air into, you also need to know which sensor is bad and then the sensor has to be registered to the system for it to work. The dealer is the best place to get it done they have the specific equipment to do all the testing and registering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the cost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the average for replacemnt
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
It varys depending on the dealers labor rate, usually to do a sensor and reprogram at my dealer would be an hour labor and our labor rate is $132 an hour the cost of the sensor is I'm guessing is about $90 dollars. I don't have accurate parts prices
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information has been helpful