Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima been sitting in my garage for

Customer Question

hi I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima been sitting in my garage for 2 years no key unlocked. I am a retired tech. and it was abandoned at my home shop by a troubled, now MIA nephew.Now that I've sold the house I has become a urgent. I need a locksmith to come to me. Is there a reference for the (right guy) in DFW area?? Thanks, ***** ***** and urgency. Deborah G.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
Don't know where the DFW area is. But what you will need to do is to have a mobile locksmith come to open the car. Once he opens the car, he can work on making you a key for the car. If you give me the vin, I can try to get the key code for you.
After the key is made, it will then need to be programmed to the car to get it to start. These keys have chips in them, and they need to be programmed to the car. The Mobile Locksmith should be able to do all this for you with in one visit.
If you would like me to see if I can look up the key number for you, I would only need the vin number.
Let me know..