Randy
Randy, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have 25 Years as Automotive Technician
62741268

Juke: Yellow key light, what do I need to do? Car starts

Customer Question

Yellow key light, what do I need to do? Car starts and runs fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This sounds like a malfunction with Intelligent Key system. The system will need to be scanned for errors by the Nissan dealer. It may only need to be reset, unfortunately the dealer will have to do the reset.
Intelligent Key system warning light
After the ignition switch is placed in the ON position, this light comes on for about 2 seconds and then turns off.
This light illuminates or blinks as follows:
. The light blinks in yellow when the door is closed with the Intelligent Key left outside the vehicle and the ignition switch in the ACC or ON position. Make sure that the Intelligent Key is inside the vehicle.
. The light blinks in green when the Intelligent Key battery is running out of power. Replace the battery with a new one.
. The light illuminates in yellow when it warns of a malfunction with Intelligent Key system.If the warning light illuminates in yellow while the engine is stopped, it may be impossible to start the engine. If the light comes on while the engine is running, you can drive the vehicle. However in these cases, contact a NISSAN dealer for repair as soon as possible.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!