Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Maxima: I bought a 2007 Nissan Maxima on 5/23/15 and now tell

Customer Question

I bought a 2007 Nissan Maxima on 5/23/15 and now tell AC is only blowing out heat. The dealership is charging me 250.00 to repair. They say it's the fan on the compressor.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
When you say it's the fan on the compressor I think you mean the fan for the condenser and radiator because there is no fan for the compressor, if your a/c isn't getting cold and the fans for the condenser are not coming on it may be something else causing the symptom, the most common problem I see with that year of maxima is a leak in the a/c system usually from the low pressure hose that comes off the compressor if it leaks then the pressure switch in the system will prevent the compressor from engaging and thus the fans will not come on. I would be careful if the dealer replaces the fans and then wants more money if that doesn't fix the problem. If the fans truly are the problem I would suspect that initially the a/c would get cold but wouldn't stay cool