Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  41 years expierence on all cars and trucks to 2014
3506196

I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra. The #2 cylinder has a misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra. The #2 cylinder has a misfire code and the knock sensor code is also shown. The truck has about 134,000 miles I changed plugs, wires cap and rotor. I also did a comp test all cylinder were in the 170 to 180 range. The #2 was 155. The engine runs fine most of the time. When it sits over night and started it will run rough and want to stall for a few minutes. I was thinking a fuel injector for #2? The truck may run fine for a few days then the rough idle/surging will appear again. The engine is a 3.3 non supercharged.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
you have covered the basics. yes, I would check the injector as the spray pattern may be off or it is leaking which would explain the rough running early in the morning.
forget about the 325 code. Nissan had issues with the 325 code coming up with other codes when there is actually no issue with this code. once the repair is made then see if the 325 returns.
if the injector does not solve the issue, look for a vacuum leak around the cylinder. the other possibility is that the issue may be in the valve train.
Roy