Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Nissan 300zx: my security light flashes and car wont start,

Customer Question

my security light flashes and car wont start, wont crank over.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read that many people have this problem, they say to disconnect anti-theft module. Yet some say car still wont crank over. I see starter relay behind driver fender but why would the security light flash? I am looking for all possible cures. Relay, fuse, with instructions in detail. Ive worked on cars a lot but electronics are tough.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Could you take a picture of the security light that you see flashing for me so I can see if it's factory or not?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its factory. I have read many things on this. I would like to know what turns it on and what I can do to turn it off. Unlocking doors wont turn it off.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The security light is suppose to blink. That is normal for it to do that. The light should be off when the car is running though, does it go off then?