Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

D21: trouble codes pickup d21 are: one long

Customer Question

hi
trouble codes for Nissan pickup d21 are:
one long dash by itself then two long dashes by itself then followed by three short dashes then 4 short dashes then five short dashes.
this repeats itself.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
What you are seeing is the blinking lights of going through modes 1 2 3 4 and 5. since you have run through all it's modes, you cleared any codes that may have been stored. You want to stop at mode 4 to read the codes. So you may need to drive the truck to see if any codes return. Here is the steps on how to check for codes using the diagnostic screw on your computer.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/self%20check%20for%20codes%2095%20and%20older.pdf
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not help.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a Check Engine Light on when the truck is running?
What is the problem with the truck?