Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Woke up this morning and my 2006 nissan altima would not start.it

Customer Question

woke up this morning and my 2006 nissan altima would not start.it turns over but no ignition.i have in the past year replaced crank case and cam positioning sensors
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for your question.
If he engine is cranking but not starting, first check to see if the security light is on solid with key to ON position.
If not check for spark while cranking by removing a coil and setting it next to metal.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no light on solid no spark from coil
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** good indication that the cam sensor is at fault. When you replaced them did you use a dealer or aftermarket part?
Also does anything weird happen with the key to ON position? Like the condenser fan coming on?
If not then the best place to start would be with a dealer cam sensor, especially if you have power to the coils with key to ON.
Thanks.