Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Sonic: Should the Eng. be running and the A/C on when you

Customer Question

Should the Eng. be running and the A/C on HI when you push in on the shrader valve to let some 134 out?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
You need to totally purge out the freon in the AC system? Is that what your looking to do? and if so, may I ask why? Your really suppose to recover the freon.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I overcharged the A/C in my car 2013 Sonic. I want to know should I run the eng when I let some out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I read on this site that if you overcharge you car A/C you can just push in on the shrader valve to let some 134 out.
I want to know should I run the Eng. when I let some out?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you over charged it, yes, you want to use something like a screw driver to try to release some of the freon. Just don't allow it to touch your skin as it can give you a burn.
It is best to let a professional do this for you since it's so dangerous.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't need to be running.
Thanks Jay!