Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My '03 Nissan Altima (3.5L)cruse control will "unset" r

Customer Question

My '03 Nissan Altima (3.5L)cruse control will "unset" repeatidly after pressing the brake pedal(i.e, a stop sign. If I pull up on the pedal from behind, the problem goes away. Thanks, Bob
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Thank you for that description. If pulling up on the brake pedal resolves the issue, that tells me that the cruise control cancel switch needs to be adjusted.
How handy are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pretty handy, Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Sweet! I like working with Handy People!
There are two switches down by the brake pedal. One is the Brake Switch, the other is the cruise control cancel switch. I believe on your car they are twist lock type switches. Meaning you turn the switch counter clock wise and it releases. To adjust it, release it and press it down and when you see the switch is fully pressed, twist it clockwise to lock it. The road test to see if you have it adjusted properly. Here is a link to see what they look like
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/brake%20switch%20image.jpg
The cruise control one is the bottom one.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Sir! It will be next week, as I busy seeling my home and looking for a new one. I won't forget you!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Good luck selling your house.
This doesn't take long at all to do either. So don't fear it's some big thing. If you can get down by the brake pedal it would take maybe 2 to 5 mins to do.
Thanks Jay!