Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2006 pathfinder and just did some work on the alternator. Unf

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2006 pathfinder and just did some work on the alternator. Unfortunately I disconnected the POS battery connection and it seems to have triggered the immobiliser. I just bought this and the owner is uncontactable at the moment. can you help?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
When you turn the key to start the truck, what happens? Does the engine turn over and not start? or does it not even turn over?
Turning over means the engine is cranking. If it's not Turning over, that means you turn the key and the engine does not crank over.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have found the problem. As i said, i disconnected the POS lead and i think on reconnection i blew the main 140a fuse at the POS lead. I put in fuse wire as a temporary measure and im now sorted

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Cool, Glad you found the problem.
Thanks Jay!