Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Pathfinder: i have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder that is no crank/no

Customer Question

i have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder that is no crank/no start, prior to this i could start it and drive a little ways (blocks), however every time i would slow down or break it would die unless i kept a good amount of pressure on the gas peddle. HELP
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
When the truck was last running, did you have any warning lights on? Will it start if you try to jump start it?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.....but the light has been on for 4-5 years. Had it reset as there where no issues. It will not jump start.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The engine does not turn over if you try to jump start it?
If you turn the key to the ON position, does all the dash warning lights come on? Does the head lights turn on?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, there is NO power to anything
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Battery is good? Are you sure the head lights don't turn on?
If you have a Blown main fusible link you would have no electrical power through the truck, but the head lights would work.
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would have to double check on the headlights and i am currently at work, however i am pretty sure they do not turn on, and we actually replaced the battery thinking that was a good place to start, so the battery is for sure good.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you replaced the Battery, we need to see if the head lights come on. The head lights are wired before the main fusible link. So if they work, the main fusible link is most likely your issue. If they don't work, then we can certainly check more things.
What time do you get out of work so you can check and work on this with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will be home around 6-6:30 est time.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That would be perfect if that is ok?
I am normally online around 6 or 7 pm EST and online till 10 or 11 pm
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just spoke with husband, and i am sorry i miss informed you. Apparently the pathfinder DOES crank, however will not stay started. but i will have to get back to you on the headlines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...i just got confirmation that yes....the headlights are working.... hope this all helps.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
When the key is turned to the ON position, can you let me know if the security light is on solid?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Waiting to hear back from you. I will be stepping out for about 1/2 hour or so at around 8 pm. But will be back online the rest of the evening till around 11 pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes for a brief moment it does.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean for a brief Moment? When the key is turned to the ON position, the security light will either be ON SOLID or OFF, so please let me know..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting to hear back from you to help you with your issue.
Let me know
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Never heard back from you. Do you still require help with this issue?