Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Frontier: 2000 frontier put left turn signal on and rear flashers

Customer Question

2000 frontier put left turn signal on and rear flashers go on step on brake and flashers stay on no flashing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
That is normally caused by a bad bulb or incorrect bulb. The right rear works fine?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES AND I CHECKED ALL BULBS AND THEY APPEAR GOOD
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Some times bulbs look ok, but are not. Since you have one side that works, Try removing the Right side light assembly and plug it into the left, and try the left signal and see if it works. If it does, then try swapping the bulb from the right to left and see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may have a bad light socket, or bad bulb.
Normally what I like to do is just swap the assembly first, just plug it in, since you can't mount it. If it works, then you know the problem is not with in the circuit. That is when you swap bulbs to see if it's the bulb. If not the bulb then you know it's the socket. But if you swap bulbs and it works, then you know it's a bulb.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
swapped the left and right assemblies flasher went on with left turn signal and not right swapped bulbs and same thing happened whats next?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you were able to move the right tail lamp assembly to the left side and it operated properly, that means the circuit is good. By the problem following the light, and the swapping of the bulbs did not correct anything, that verified the issue is in the electrical socket for that bulb. So with in that small light socket harness you have the issue and that should be replaced to resolve your issue.
I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you saying the electrical socket needs replaced or the small light socket harness needs replaced
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you can find a socket to replace, you can replace that light socket. If you can't find a light socket, just replace that small sub harness.
Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you misunderstood my previous observation when assemblies were switched the flashers still went on when the left turn signal was turned on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It still did not flash when you swapped the whole assembly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i swapped both the left and right assemblies and the bulbs and when the left turn signal was turned on the flashers still came on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I am getting a little confused. This is normally pretty easy to determine maybe I am not explaining it right.
When you have the assemblies swapped. Where the Right Rear is plugged in the left Rear. When you put the directional on, for the Left does it flash? If you step on the Brake Pedal, does it still flash with the assemblies swapped? If it does, Try the Right side and do the same thing. Did the problem jump to the Right side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
So when you plug the Right Light in to the Left Side, it blinks like before but stops blinking when you step on the brake? Is that correct?