Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Altima: I have a1999 Nissan Altima, I'm not getting power to

Customer Question

I have a1999 Nissan Altima, I'm not getting power to the main fuse #2.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I have seen this happen in the past and found the solder joint inside the fuse box had corroded and broke. You should be able to open the box up and look inside to see if this is the case with yours. It's a little tricky to get it apart, but it can be done. It's just very tight to the harness so you have to use patience. If the fuse is good though, there really isn't any other reason for it to not have power.Please let me know if there is more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've taken apart the box and nothing looks bare or broken underneath. (Photo)
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Can you take a photo of the fuses in the box and tell me which you are calling #2 please?My diagram for the fuses and fusible links comes up in letters so I want to make sure we are talking about the same fuse as we work through this.Thanks