Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

I have a 91 nissan D21 3.0 v6*****automatic

Customer Question

I have a 91 nissan D21 3.0 v6*****automatic transmission. After about 20 minutes the spark becomes erratic and the truck stalls and won't restart for about 2 hours. I have changed the ignition control module plug wires plugs cleaned all electrical
terminals checked and replaced vacuum lines. Replaced exhaust oxygen sensor. And 1 bad injector.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question to day I hope to give you excellent service and please don't forget to rate me when we are done with this conversation The issue your having is most likely in the distributor, it is very common for the distributors after they get hot to start to fail and the spark gets erratic and the engine will stall then after they cool down the engine starts up like nothing was ever wrong. Replacing the distributor is the only way to fix the problem as individual components are not available, I also recommend going with a factory distributor as I have seen many after market ones still fail in the same manor
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help with this issue