Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Maxima: Replaced the fuel pump on a 2000 nissan maxima and

Customer Question

Replaced the fuel pump on a 2000 nissan maxima and now it will not start. Tried starting fluid but it only runs for a second
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
Have you checked to see if you have power and ground at the connector for the fuel pump it sounds like the new pump isn't working or has another electrical problem?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Here is the wiring diagram for the fuel pump as you can see there are two fuses to check and the ecm grounds the relay to operate the pump
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Have you been able to get the car running? do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Have you been able to check for power and ground to the fuel pump based on the wiring diagram?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck with the fuel pump?